The quality of a school can greatly influence home values in an area. As a local expert, I can connect you with a variety of resources that will help you evaluate area schools.
Search for school in the community - http://www.greatschools.org/
Whether your dream home is a new construction or existing home, it helps to know what to look for, and have a plan.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage, check your credit report, type of mortgage, shop for best rates and programs.
- Determine your wants and needs: style of home, size, price, location, etc.
- Check out the neighborhoods, schools, crime rate, traffic, zoning, and commuting distance.
- As your agent, I will share my resources of contractors; home inspectors, handymen and contractors.
- Do the due diligence and research on your property of interest.
- As your agent, I visit the town or city hall to learn of any zoning changes, liens, easements, or other restrictions.
- I will prepare a property value study, and ask the seller if there are any other offers and his motivation for selling, deadlines, etc.
- Conduct home inspections and other inspections.
- Prepare your offer and negotiate.
- Take advantage of the inspection contingencies in your offer and get thorough inspections to eliminate any surprises after you move in.
- Use the inspection report to renegotiate, if necessary.
- Conduct final negotiations.
- Do a walk-through inspection prior to closing.
- Visit your new home one last time before sitting down at the closing table to make sure everything is as you expect it to be.